Monuments, artifacts and institutions in the city of Zarnesti
A distinctive feature is the fact that people of Zarnesti remained a Romanian village with a population of mountain rough. Obviously they have built various worship places.
Romanian Orthodox Church was strongly influenced by Byzantium. Romanian lands entered in the sphere of political and cultural influence of Byzantium, especially after the victory of the year 975 AD, Emperor John Tzimiskes the Bulgarians. Territories inhabited by Romanians in the north of the Danube which come under the authority of Byzantium cause a large influx of merchants, priests and monks Byzantines, the master builder of churches. In the Romanian principalities of Transylvania in the tenth century, Byzantine Emperor sovereignty is recognized by the example of Menumorutd.
Hermitage – Church at the corner Chiliilor (Coltul Chiliilor)
The oldest document about the existence of a religious settlement dates from 1421 when the Turks and Tatars Barsa penetrate. It is located outside the shelter of the forest settlements of people and their population find there a shelter in times of distress. Probably around this data is arranged and old stone church. We do not know the first priest who served in these first seat, but perhaps a forerunner of the priest who is remembered John in 1479.
St. Nicholas Church Zarnesti
Name, sometimes used to distinguish it from the older church Scheii Brasov, with which it resembles. Its founder Neagoe Romanian ruler who made the donation in 1515.
Our Lady of Nativity Church Zarnesti
It was built in 1791 and was organized around it and developed while the Orthodox cemetery in Zarnesti, being built by Archpriest Bratu Baiul.
Ascension Church of Old Tohan
It was built in 1841, was built with the support of border guards.
Entrance of the Theotokos Orthodox Church in New Tohan
Ten years after founding the village church built in 1779, founded by the great merchant Roman Brasov Boghici Ionita.
Evangelical Church of Zarnesti
It was built in 1910, Alley Factory, which separated the two factories in the city railway station to the river by Barsa Saxon community, with the support of the two factories.
Reformed Church in Zarnesti
It was built between 1923-1925 and was located on the left bank of the river Barsa, about the treatment plant instead. And this church because of the Pulp and Paper Combine of development, has been demolished.
Saint Andrew Catholic Church in Zarnesti
It was built between 1926-1927, by the Hungarian community, with the help of those two factories in Zarnesti. Hubert Butcher and his wife in 1929 endows the church bell and church organ.
Saints Michael and Gabriel Church of Zarnesti Arangheli
Construction of this church is the result of Archpriest Basil Stoican initiative. It started during the Second World War was finished in 1947.
It has a monumental, so the locals tell them the cathedral of Zarnesti. It was renovated in 1991.
Saints Constantine and Helen Chapel in Zarnesti
It was built in 1994, the district Tohan blocks nearby hill. Around the chapel and a cemetery was organized.
Near it is building a new much larger church.
Education in Zarnesti
In 1731, in Tohan, a Romanian school work. After 1765, under the tutelage of border guards enter school, becoming Old Tohani village border guard, border guard regiments made up of Romanian and Székely were held across the Carpathian Mountains, the Patent of 16 March 1764 on the Empress Maria Theresa at that time and aimed at militarization of the border.
Natural Monuments in Zarnesti
In this category we enter course Massif, jewel of the Romanian Carpathians unique natural monument. This massive appearance is characterized by a very particular rising sharply to end or plain lying north-east of the country over the Barsa and extending south-east and up the ridge above the basin of the Arges county Dambovita Bridge. It should be noted that the most representative parts of this massive territory is declared a nature reserve, and said the massive National Park in 1990 ..
Monuments built by man Zarnesti
St. Nicholas Church in Zarnesti
Church monuments included in the Romanian Academy at no. 2660, part of medieval monumental works of ancient art.
In this category we can include without reservation churches built in the three localities in the XVI – XIX century, described above:
Corner Hermitage Chiliilor
Our Lady of Nativity Church Zarnesti
Ascension Church of Old Tohani
Entrance of the Theotokos Church in New Church Tohani
May we bring here a number of other buildings: crosses, pedestals, monuments erected in honor of heroes and events.
Cross Mica Peak National Park
There are local tradition as the top Small Pietrii Mountains have always existed one or more crosses, now 2.
Cross the Graves
He was put in place where the first part of the battle in 1690.
It was built of stone and installed the Red Path, where the second part of the battle in 1690.
Trinity in the courtyard of St. Nicholas Church
It was built by believers in the Lord’s Army Primary School in the front yard. In 1948 it is cut by some fanatics of the regime at that time.
Wooden Cross St. Nicholas Church yard
It seems to be built in the nineteenth century, founded by Dean Bratu Boiului who raised it with the sighting of the church in 1810.
Tohani Ancient Monument dedicated World War heroes
Monument near the creek Turcu New Tohan
It symbolizes the act of 1765-1769 when families expelled from Old Tohan and New Tohan formed.
Garni’s Cross Road on the way to Plaiul Foii
It is built and located at a place called between bars. Place two roads both nodal and two waters. Once construction of this monument served as a refuge for hikers, bad weather, is made from a concrete floor inside the inside with benches for hikers and cross.
Botorog’s Cross (Botorog’s Fountain)
It is located near a spring at the parting of the road which climbs from the village of Magura Prapastiile Zarnestiului leads to the path and climb through the lodge clearing Zanoaga Curmatura.
Old Tohani installed opposite the former railway station, is actually an imitation of the original great ruler named. It is believed that this cross was dedicated in 1690 antiimperial coalition victory in Zarnesti Tohan.
Memorial Chapel in Zarnesti.
It was built after the Great Union of 1918, dedicated to those fallen in the war of reunification of the nation.
Until the construction of proper sanitary facilities after 1950, health network activity took place in some areas less suitable, but have since resolved the problems in this area. We remember some of these areas:
Hospital: Metropolitan Street between 1950-1956 John Meţianu no.41, and between 1956 to 1984 Professor Street Pompiliu Dan bl.22 and 8 under the name of Tiberius Sparchez City Hospital;
Birth Record: Bishop Street between 1950-1953 John Meţianu No.17, between the years 1953 to 1956 Bishop Street Meţianu No. 41 (in hospital);
Neurological Hospital, between 1956-1988, Metropolitan John Meţianu street no.41 and Pompiliu 1988 Dan Street, bl.8, with two departments: psychiatry and neurology.
Along with the economic boom of the locality, cultural life has also seen spectacular growth, so in the ninth decade, the century of Zarnesti have:
– 4 cinemas with 1047 seats;
– 6 library of more than 50,000 volumes;
– 4 cultural homes: Casa de Cultura, CCH Club Club Factory Mechanical Tohan Cultural House;
House of Culture together with the two existing clubs have organized teams of amateur arts: dance, choir, theater, pop, band, ballet, George Cosbuc literary circle.
Currently there is no movie theater!
Over time, the administration of the territory has undergone many transformations. The most important are:
– In 1853 the Habsburg authorities have established government military organization in the form of a circle Office, the role of the prefecture. Office Brasov circle, became one of the ten circles in Transylvania
– In 1876, prices in the last Bran Fagaras County, where it remained until 1925. In 1891, Bran pretura administration moves its headquarters to Zarnesti, work in the building where the judges and the Land Registry. At that time the price was Neacsa stefan;
– The establishment of the Austro-Hungarian dualist system of 1867, caused further reforms in the administration. Law 33 of 1867 regulates the setting up of 16 counties;
– In 1901 the Hungarian authorities have issued etatizarii local government law, which thus was put directly under the Ministry of the Interior at that time;
– In the year 1925 on October 7 is transferred to net Bran Brasov county, and be composed of 14 common
– In 1930, there is a new administrative reorganization, reducing the number of nets to three, totaling 23 net Bran common
In 1938, five nets are restored and turned into a net post Zarnesti Bran, which included its 13 settlements, namely: Bran, background, Magura, Mociul Upper Moeciu Lower Cave, Simon, Sirnea, Sohodol , Poiana, Old Tohan and New Tohan Zarnesti. Between 1938 and 1951, worked to Zarnesti following institutions: the Court, the Bar Association, Notary, Prices (net), Cadastre Directorate, and Perceptions About Jandameria.
Currently we drive to Zarnesti firefighters, police, community police, mayor and two hospitals.
Among the most important local legends, transmitted orally or written are those that talk about in the community especially on sacred space, the heart of the village is the village or estate, ancestral estate.
Zarnesti incomparable beauty of the area and especially city of its natural symbol, which are mountains National Park, led to the human imagination invent countless legends and tales. Among them:
– Legend Baciului Peak,
– Legend of Edelweiss
– Legend Gate tales,
– Legend of Rock and Cross building on the National Park Minor
– Spirits that Bury corpses.
Besides these legends related to the relief of, their beauty and some limit climate phenomena (such as drought), May mention some legends of mythology related to the more widely spreading: Living Water, drain, Muma Forest, Tree , ielelor.
Legend of Edelweiss
“In the old days, a star has been separated from the sky and left the world to get to know people and their land. Gone With the Wind travel days and nights on end. Crossed the country and water but find no place to her plate. Travel on until he reached high mountains above, were sharp peaks Rock Park. The steep cliffs made way longer just one tree, while the ribs and feet were covered with endless forests. In green meadows grazed sheep and springs of water coming out of crystal stones. excited silence that reigned there, the star off: it is detached from the wings of the wind and fell on the highest peaks of mountains and steep. When it first hit the sharp tip, pretended In a velvety white flower, the shape of a star.
Since then it grows into a jewel of the mountains, but I only like the high peaks and steep, to be closer to the sky to loose. People called it the Queen or the edelweiss flower. ”
Legend Baciului Peak
It tells of a shepherd who loved more than any sheep and playing the flute. Every spring he was starting to flock to the heights of the mountain ridge where they remain until late autumn. And while sheep grazed in the meadows sings shepherd whistle rang through dark forests and frozen mountains listening. Nobody beats him in playing the flute and there was nobody pastor dear life. But one day the shepherd fell in a race: bet he made with other pastors, he remains in the mountains in winter, sheep are free to see without playing the flute.
After leaving the shepherd flocks in the mountains remained deserted. He had made a hut for the winter where he brought many supplies and where left alone. The missing sheep and could not play any of the whistle, instead wandering mountains. When he retreated deep snow fell in his shack, where live very hard all winter. They look at whistle, thinking of ewes and waiting to melt nametii.
As soon as the spring, knowing that the shepherds are back, no longer had the patience to wait at the hut. To ascend the highest peak of the mountain. When he saw them coming, he could not stop. For the sake of their shepherd, and began to sing out whistle doina mioritelor, which originated many times.
Legend tales Gate
The National Park on the west wall of the massif at 1600 m altitude karst tourists meet a very special phenomenon. It is the so-called Gate of fairy tales, reminiscent of those who stop here to watch the kites stories read in childhood fairy tales that really looks like a huge gate entrance to the deep Earth. Large rock pillars of the most curious forms, united by arches, which at times have an opening for a few meters, as if made by a craftsman unsurpassed, guard places of special beauty found only here.
It says that around the place recently, resided in a cave deep an ogre. It often came down in the valley, kidnapping the girls who dare to depart from their home. It was under the giant bear any legend that may not know. In any case a stripling warrior and decided to blame this terror of the mountains HAC. Elders have advised him to sneak in early morning when the ogre sleeps deeper, hidden inside a small cave on the mountain in front of his grotto. From up there you will get the ogre, it should aim to four times in the head and as such will kill him. Hale to take care of him but because the elders counsel mentioned the cave are four kinds of stone, as solid, it’s true, but it is said to be required to overcome a giant hit four times with the same kind of stone. Said and done. Hale did just as he had. One thing has baffled him. Arriving at the bottom of the cave and realized that because of darkness, can not distinguish stones to choose four one-way. After all seemed like touch. Once he gave his mind more at random, maybe one of them will find four of a kind. But how many take to be safe and also lead to fewer daylight penetrating place. Lucky lad was brave, and besides that there was bold and clever.
It took exactly how many stones had no more no less. The cave mouth has chosen a ochitura four stones of the same variety and threw them with such hope in the giant body that passed through his body, making them larger holes the wheel carrier. Giant has found itself stuck and hardened as it has remained until today.
Holes made by stones thrown by the sudden lad can still be seen today at Gate tales. Also who dare to climb the steep rock a few feet in front of the place so as legend, Hale threw stones. Those that were unnecessary when one can see now ordained to the mouth small caves, crumbling with time. How many are there? Calculated reach the following answer: 13 stones were thrown four mouths forming the cave entrance Gate tales and nine remained.
Legend of Rock and building on the National Park Little Cross.
They say it was very much a terrible drought that has scorched all vegetation in the area, with people and animals suffer. A poor village woman named Rock, climbed up on top of Mount Small Mountains Pietrii here prayed to God to give rain. He repeated this daily ordeal. One day has not been returned to the village. Then a miracle occurred. Funnels clouds were released and it rained three days and three nights without ceasing, after which all nature was refreshed at once. After a long search they found the villagers Rock knees and eyes directed towards the sky, but dead. They buried her with the Christian in this place and gave him to head a cross. Thus, in times of drought people did religious processions, praying to God to repeat the miracle and bring rain.
source of information is: “The sweep time, Zarnesti” – DR. ING. VLAD ILIE